Appeal a Parking Fine
If you want to challenge your parking fine, or Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) as it is officially known, this must be done in writing. Appeals over the telephone cannot be made.
To make a challenge
To challenge a parking penalty charge notice you need to complete the Challenge a Parking Penalty Notice Form here.
All challenges must be made within 14 days of issue of the penalty charge notice.
What information must the challenge include?
- Your Penalty Charge Notice number (shown on the notice)
- The vehicle registration number
- The grounds for your challenge, including any evidence to support your challenge - e.g. a copy of pay & display ticket, permit, Blue Badge etc.
- Your full name and address, including your postcode
If your challenge is unsuccessful...
Payment will be required in full. Please click on Pay a Parking fine link on the right-hand side of this page choose one of the payment methods we offer.
If full payment is not received within 28 days of the notice
- We will serve a Notice To Owner (NTO) on the owner of the vehicle requesting immediate payment of penalty charge notice
- The discounted charge will no longer apply
- The person to whom the NTO is served will be entitled to make representations to the Council against the PCN
- The person may appeal to the Independent Adjudicator if those representations are rejected.
If the Independent Adjudicator rejects the appeal, or the registered owner neither appeals nor pays within the specified times, the sum due will increase and will ultimately be recovered through the Traffic Enforcement Centre involving the use of enforcement agents if necessary.
For more information regarding the appeals process please use the 'Related Websites' links on this page.