Toggle menu

Benefits and Support

☎ Calls to our Benefits Team

☎ On average, calls to the Benefits team are answered within 16 minutes, and most (75%) are answered within 30 minutes.

☎ Most calls take about 12 minutes to complete.

☎ Our busiest times are 9 to 10 a.m. and lunchtimes. If you can phone outside these times, you may not have to wait as long.

☎ To contact us using another method, please see our Contact Us page where you can send a message through to the team.

☎ To find out more about call times and how we're tackling this issue, please see Call Centre Information.

View your Council Tax Account and Housing Benefit Payments online

Use our online service to keep track of your Housing Benefit payments.

View your Entitlement Letters online

Use our online service to check payments, update us and more.

Make a New Claim

Most people who want to make a new claim will need to claim Universal Credit, but there are some exceptions.

Change an Existing Claim

If something has changed recently, such as your address, earnings, people you live with, contact details or savings, let us know about it here.

Self Employed Earnings

If you need to tell us about a change in your self-employed earnings, or we have asked for your updated accounts, you can do so here.

Support Directory

Information about support available in the area for residents experiencing a wide range of issues.

Review an Existing Claim

If you have been asked to complete a Benefits Review Form, you can do so here.

Low Income - Council Tax Reduction

If you are on low income, you may be able to apply for Council Tax Reduction (CTR) to reduce the amount you have to pay.

Household Support Fund

If you are experiencing financial hardship due to the cost of living crisis, you might be able to apply to the household support fund.

Provide Documents for Benefits

If you need to send us evidence to support your application for housing benefit or council tax reduction, you can email it to us.

Help with Rent - Discretionary Housing Payments

If you need to submit a claim for Discretionary Housing Payments you can do so here.

Debt and Welfare Advice

Are you having trouble making ends meet? Find out how to get help here.

Housing Benefit Appeals

You must contact us in writing within one month of receiving your decision letter.

Council Tax Reduction Appeals

You must contact us in writing within one month of receiving your decision letter.

Housing Benefits Overpayments

If you have been overpaid Housing Benefit, you can find out about repaying it here.

Benefit Fraud

Find out about Benefit Fraud, including what it is and how you can report it to us or the DWP.

Contact Our Benefits Team

If you have a general enquiry about housing benefit or Council Tax Reduction, you can ask it here.

Local Housing Allowance Rates

You can find the Local Housing Allowance rates for the West Devon area here.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email