The Freedom of Information Act (FOI) gives you certain rights of access to recorded information held by the Council.
About the Freedom of Information Act
- Anyone can make a written request for information held under the terms of the Act
- We must tell you whether or not the information is held by the Council
- Subject to any exemptions, you are entitled to that information within 20 working days
A guide to Freedom of Information
The Council has a Freedom of Information Policy and Guidance (See Downloads) which explains:
- How to make a request for information
- What exemptions there are to providing information
- What to do if your request is refused
- What to do If you are unhappy with the information provided
How do I make a request?
You can request information by:
Our Publication Scheme
A publication scheme commits us to make information available to the public as part of our normal business activities. The
Information Commissioner has prepared and approved a
Model Publication Scheme.