Council Performance and Strategy
It is good practice to provide an annual report to reassure the public that the Council is undertaking its statutory functions, delivering its services and meeting its financial responsibilities in an open and transparent way.
Corporate Strategy 2018-2023
Update July 2021
In response to the impacts of Covid-19 and the emergence of new opportunities, the Council is currently consulting on a new strategy 'A Plan for West Devon'.
Following the consultation period, the Council will consider adopting the new strategy at its meeting in September 2021. To find out more, please see our news article.
The Council's strategic direction is outlined in the Council's Corporate Strategy which incorporates the Council's core purpose, guiding principles, challenges as well as its six strategic themes:
- Council - Delivering efficient and effective services
- Communities - Council and residents working together to create strong and empowered communities
- Homes - Enabling homes that meet the needs of all
- Environment - Protecting, conserving and enhancing our built and natural environment
- Enterprise - Creating places for enterprise to thrive and business to grow
- Wellbeing - Supporting positive, safe and healthy lifestyles and helping those most in need