It is good practice to provide an annual report to reassure the public that the Council is undertaking its statutory functions, delivering its services and meeting its financial responsibilities in an open and transparent way.
Corporate Strategy 2018-2023
The Council's strategic direction is outlined in the Council's Corporate Strategy which incorporates the Council's core purpose, guiding principles, challenges as well as its six strategic themes:
- Council - Delivering efficient and effective services
- Communities - Council and residents working together to create strong and empowered communities
- Homes - Enabling homes that meet the needs of all
- Environment - Protecting, conserving and enhancing our built and natural environment
- Enterprise - Creating places for enterprise to thrive and business to grow
- Wellbeing - Supporting positive, safe and healthy lifestyles and helping those most in need
View the Council's Corporate Strategy 2018-23.