Bulky Waste Collections and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Collections are subject to availability. To help us keep you and our crews safe, you must:
- Place your bulky items in an accessible place outside your property. Our operatives will not enter communal premises, households or garages/barns. We reserve the right to not collect items that are not presented correctly.
- Maintain 2m social distancing at all times during the collection.
- Disinfect hard surfaces of items being collected.
What is classed as a bulky item?
Bulky waste includes heavy household items such as:
It does not include:
- Construction or renovation waste.
- Collections from commercial properties.
- Collections of commercial waste such as commercial sized fridges and/or freezers from domestic properties.
- Bulk food collections from private functions.
- Excess refuse or garden waste
- House clearance
What cannot be collected?
We are unable to collect the following items:
- Flammable or dangerous substances, such as gas containers
- Soil and sand
- Cast iron baths
- Oil tanks or boilers
- Builder's waste
How are bulky items collected?
Our operatives are not permitted to enter communal premises and households, or to take payment.
Items for collection need to be outside from 7.30 a.m. on the day of collection, in an accessible place, free of obstruction.
How much will it cost?
The cost of a single item is £15, and all additional items are £15 each. For example:
- A bedframe and headboard would be classed as 1 item.
- A bed and mattress would be classed as 2 items.
- A 3-piece suite would be classed as 3 items.
- Individual white goods (fridges, freezers, washing machines and so on) are classed as 1 item.
How can I book a bulky waste collection?
To book a collection please call FCC Environment on 01837 659309.