What is classed as a bulky item?
Bulky waste includes heavy household items such as:
It does not include:
- Construction or renovation waste.
- Collections from commercial properties.
- Collections of commercial waste such as commercial sized fridges and/or freezers from domestic properties.
- Bulk food collections from private functions.
- Excess refuse or garden waste
- House clearance
What cannot be collected?
We are unable to collect the following items:
- Flammable or dangerous substances, such as gas containers
- Soil and sand
- Cast iron baths
- Oil tanks or boilers
- Builder's waste
You can check if your item will be accepted using
How are bulky items collected?
Our operatives are not permitted to enter communal premises and households, or to take payment.
Items for collection need to be outside from 7.30 a.m. on the day of collection, in an accessible place, free of obstruction.
How much will it cost?
The cost of a single item is £15, and all additional items are £15 each. For example:
- A bedframe and headboard would be classed as 1 item.
- A bed and mattress would be classed as 2 items.
- A 3-piece suite would be classed as 3 items.
- Individual white goods (fridges, freezers, washing machines and so on) are classed as 1 item.
How do I arrange a collection?
Please contact FCC Environment on 01837 659309.