Cllr Tony Leech
Ward Councillor for Okehampton North
|Name||Cllr Tony Leech|
|Address||22 Limehayes Road|
Development Management and Licensing
|Outside Bodies||Highways and Traffic Orders|
I have been elected as Ward Councillor of Okehampton East, a position I have held since May 2011. I am also a member of the Okehampton Town Council and have been for fifteen years, where I had the privilege of being the Town Mayor for three years.
I have spent some forty years in conservation and twenty eight of these with English Heritage, and my last position before I retired was as the Conservation / Property Maintenance Manager for the west of England. During my time with English Heritage, I held positions in most of the regions across England.
Since my retirement, I have worked on a voluntary basis with the Museum of Dartmoor Life, and the Ockment Community Centre in Okehampton, and as a qualified Building Surveyor, I also assist my wife with her own small business.
I have to admit that with my work as an elected Councillor, I do not have a lot of time for other interests, but I am a member of the Lions International Club, where I am the present Heath and Safety Officer for the Okehampton Branch.
I am a member of the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings and I still take a great interest in everything that involves our built heritage.
I have also taken an interest (along with others) in looking at green energy and carbon saving for the community.
Declaration of Interests Summary
Employment: Semi Retired Building Surveyor
Land/Licences: 22 Limehayes Road, Okehampton
Corporate Tenancies: None
Membership of other bodies:
- Devon's Citizens Advice Service;
- Devon County Councils Highways and Traffic Order Committee (HATOC);
- Dartmoor LEAF;
- Okehampton Town Council;
- The Okehampton Ockment Centre Charity as a Trustee;
- Trustee for the Okehampton Community Transport Group;
- Councillor Advocate for the Devon and Cornwall Police, Police and Crime Commissioner.
- Director of the Community of Okehampton Renewable Energy Society (CORES);
- Member of the Chartered Association of Building Engineers (ACABE)
Other interests: None
Training and Development from May 2019
May & June 2019 - Induction Training: (NB - Re-elected Members are NOT required to attend the Induction programme)
- The Planning Process (Part 1)
- Media Skills (to include Social Media)
- Council Procedure Rules
- The Locality Service
- DM&L Committee Mock Meeting
- Good Governance
- Environment Services Briefing
- Housing & Homeless Training
- Community Housing
- Assets & Investments Update
- A Different Approach to Housing Delivery
- Improved Recycling Service
- IT Training
- Community Safety Partnership Briefing
- Standards & Governance