Speaking at Licensing Hearings
If you would like to speak (in support of or objection to) at a licensing application during a Licensing Hearing, use the following procedure.
About Licensing Hearings
The majority of applications are determined by officers in accordance with the council's delegation scheme.
For those applications that are presented to a Licensing Hearing, there is an opportunity for both the applicants and any representatives who have submitted letters of support and/or objection in advance of the meeting to take part during that meeting.
What's the procedure?
The procedure during a Licensing Hearing is as follows:
- Chairman's introduction
- Licensing Officer presents his/her report
- Address by applicants and/or supporters (if any)
- Address by objector(s) (if any)
- Committee deliberations and opportunity to ask questions of applicants/
- Committee adjourn with Legal Officer to consider the application
- Committee reconvene and formally announce its decision.