The Data Protection Act governs the information that we hold about you, how we use it and how you can access it.
What is Data Protection?
We have a duty to look after the information we hold about individuals. This means that we must:
- Only use your information for lawful purposes
- Tell you what we are going to do with your information
- Not use it for other reasons
- Ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date
- Not ask for more information than we need to do our job
- Keep the information secure
- Not keep it longer than necessary
- Not send it to countries with less rigorous Data Protection laws than ourselves without your permission.
How do I find out what information the Council holds about me?
- This is called a subject access request and must be submitted using the Subject Access Request Form available to download on the right of this page.
- There is a fee of £10.00 which must be submitted along with the Subject Access Request Form.
How long until you hear from us?
- We must respond within 40 days of receiving your request and the fee.