Policies, Strategies and Finance
Corporate Governance is about how we ensure we are doing the right things, in the right way, for the right people, in a timely, inclusive, open, honest and accountable manner.
Why is Corporate Governance important?
Good Corporate Governance leads to
- Good management
- Good performance
- Good stewardship of public money
- Good public engagement
- Good outcomes for our residents and business people
We are guided by six core principles under the Code of Corporate Governance.
Code of Corporate Governance
- Focusing on the purpose of the Council and on outcomes for the community and creating and implementing a vision for the local area
- Members and officers working together to achieve a common purpose with clearly defined functions and roles
- Promoting values for the Council and demonstrating the values of good Governance through upholding high standards of conduct and behaviour
- Taking informed and transparent decisions which are subject to effective scrutiny and managing risk
- Developing the capacity and capability of Members and officers to be effective
- Engaging with local people and other stakeholders to ensure robust public accountability
Annual Governance Statement 2018-19
Download a copy of our Annual Governance Statement using the link below: