Visit our Medium Term Financial Strategy (MTFS) and Budgets pages to find out more about other methods.
What is Treasury Management?
Treasury Management is where surplus funds are invested with external organisations, following strict creditworthiness criteria. Our investment policy is updated annually and approved by Council for the forthcoming year.
What we do
- Each year through careful management we increase the Council's income by investing surplus funds
- Our cash-flow is monitored on a daily basis and surplus funds are invested or recalled as necessary to ensure we achieve the best return on your money
- We adopt a low risk investment policy whilst ensuring a good return on surplus funds.
Want to know more?
- If you are interested in how we invest the funds, go to the Annual Report in the Downloads
- If you would like to find out with whom we invest the funds, go to the Strategies and Reports in the Downloads
- If you would like to find out how much income we made from investing surplus funds, go to the the Annual Report in the Downloads
- If you would like to know how much the Council has borrowed, go to the reports in the Downloads.