Report Dog Fouling
If you find dog poo in an area that could cause a health issue, please Report it here.
Dog Fouling is one of the top anti social problems nationwide. Dog mess is unsightly, unpleasant & can spread disease, or in extreme cases, cause blindness.
If you do not ensure dog mess is picked up & properly disposed of a £80 Fixed Penalty Notice or a Court fine may be payable. Registered blind people are not required to clean up after their guide dogs.
Here are some tips on how to avoid a fine and how not to annoy other amenity users.
- Never let your dog walk too far from you as this makes it difficult to see where they foul
- Dogs will usually foul soon after being let off the lead or out of the car/at the start of a walk so be ready
- Pay attention at all times to what your dog is doing, don't let a mobile phone distract you
- Always carry 'poo' bags & a torch for dark evenings
- Dispose of bags in a dog or litter bin, or take it home to dispose of in your household bin
- Not disposing of a 'poo' bag correctly is also a dog fouling & littering offence
- Keep the dog to the boundaries of sports pitches if possible as even after picking up, residual deposits can be left. Many complaints are received concerning sports pitches from the sports players
- ALWAYS pick up from maintained grass areas.