The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government has recently published Guidance on buying and selling a home.

To read this guidance, please click on one of the links below:

I need to ask about an item on my search result.

Details of the agencies and organisations you should contact for more information are listed here:

Planning queries within the Council's area and outside of Dartmoor National Park: Please contact us for further information

Planning queries within the boundaries of Dartmoor National Park: Please contact Dartmoor National Park Authority.

Highways queries relating to such things as the extent of an adopted highway: Please contact Devon County Council Land Charges.

Public Rights of Way maps can be viewed at Devon County Council Mapping Service.

Highways Agency for any questions about Trunk Roads such as the A30 or A38: Please contact Highways Agency.

I need to carry out additional searches for mining works and water/drainage mining searches

This is just a selection of companies that can offer mining searches:

I need assistance with water and/or drainage searches.

Please contact South West Water


For any further information, please contact the Local Land Charges team and we will do our best to help you. Our email address is