We're Listening - Influence Decisions for West Devon Now
West Devon Borough Council is running a series of consultations that give residents and local businesses a chance to have their say on Council decisions that will influence everyday life across the District.
These are the consultations that are currently open.
What is it about? Local residents, businesses and community organisations are being asked for their views on establishing a community-led electric car and bike club for the West Devon via a short online survey.
When does it close? 24 August 2021
How to have your say: Take the survey at https://bit.ly/ElectricWDevon
A Plan for West Devon
What is it about? 'A Plan for West Devon' sets out the strategic direction for the Council and Borough as a whole for years to come. Looking to take every opportunity to support businesses and local people, the plan outlines eight core focus areas that will underpin the Council's work over the next 20 years.
- Strengthening our communities - An area that our communities can be proud of
- Enhancing community wellbeing - Every resident is able to live a healthy and active life
- Improving homes - Every resident has access to a quality and safe home
- Stimulating a thriving economy - A Borough that attracts high quality employment opportunities and space for business to grow
- Growing our natural environment - An environment where people and nature thrive together
- Adapting our built environment - Planning for the future, celebrating the past
- Maximising Council resources - Making the best use of our resources
- Delivering inclusive and accessible services - A listening, accessible and caring council
What do you think of our focus areas? Is anything missing?
When does it close? Monday 6 September 2021
How to have your say: Complete our full survey at www.engagement.westdevon.gov.uk/planforwestdevon
As part of the consultation process, there are other ways to help shape the plan and tell us what you think about West Devon.
- Take our short surveys for residents, businesses and visitors www.engagement.westdevon.gov.uk/aplanforwestdevonsurvey
- Show us the West Devon you see in our photo competition www.engagement.westdevon.gov.uk/photographycompetition
Tavistock Public Space Protection Order
What is it about? West Devon Borough Council is inviting residents and business owners in Tavistock to have their say on a proposed Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) for the town. The Council is proposing the introduction of a PSPO to tackle anti-social behaviour and outdoor alcohol consumption in the Meadows and surrounding area.
When does it close? Sunday 5 September 2021
How to have your say: Find out more at: www.engagement.westdevon.gov.uk/alcohol-pspo
You can email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to:
Tavistock PSPO Consultation, West Devon Borough Council, PO Box 237, Totnes, TQ9 5DL
Cllr Ric Cheadle, West Devon Borough Council, said: "Taking part in our polls and surveys is a quick and easy way to make sure your needs and your community needs are represented when we make plans for the future. We need as many people across the Borough as possible to spare a few minutes to tell us what they think about - that way we can be sure we're meeting individual needs and doing our best for everyone in the local area.
"We've tried to make it as convenient as possible for more people to get involved with lots of ways to have your say. Whether you do a two-second click on a Facebook poll or you take the time to read our strategic plan and fill in our formal consultation, your views will be logged and carefully considered as we move forward with plans for the Borough."
If you're not able to complete the surveys online, please contact 01822 813600 and we will be happy to send you a paper copy.
Issued 6 August 2021