We now offer web chat, please use the button below to talk directly with one of our Customer Service Team.


Universal Credit

If you live in one of the postcodes shown below, you should apply for Universal Credit (UC) instead of Housing Benefit. You can apply here.

If you have more than two children living with you, or if you live in specified accomodation (such as a refuge or hostel) you can still apply for Housing Benefit regardless of where you live.

First HalfSecond Half





How do I apply for Housing Benefit?

To apply for Housing Benefit, please sign up for an online account. This provides a safe and convenient way to access our Council Tax and Benefits services.

You can register for an account by completing a short form, or if you have a Google, Facebook or Microsoft Account, you can register using these by clicking the icon button.

Short Form Register using FB, Google or MS

If you already have an account then click


Our online account allows you to:

Get answers to your frequently asked questions.

Save any form you have started and come back to finish it later.

Access our services 24/7

View personalised information about your Benefit claim.

Submit and track online requests such as:

  • check your next payment date
  • tell us you are moving
  • tell us about a change to your working hours or pay
  • tell us about any other change in circumstances
  • upload documents like payslips and ID

It is easy to get started. All you need is an email address.