Benefits and Support

Information about claiming housing benefit and Council Tax reduction from the Council, and where to find other support.

Services List

Housing Benefit

Information about eligibility and how to claim Housing Benefit.

Other available support

Household Support Fund, Exceptional Hardship Fund, Discretionary Housing Payments and the Support Directory.

Report a Change

Use this form to report a change in your circumstances, such as a change of address or a change in your earnings, income, savings or household.


If you think our decision about your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction claim is wrong you have a number of options.

Online service for Landlords

If you have a tenant who is receiving housing which is paid directly to you as their landlord, you can use the new landlord online service.

Contact this service

Opening times

Monday to Friday, 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.

Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays: Closed