Town & Parish Clerks Contact Details
Here you will find information on Town and Parish Councils in West Devon and the responsibilities of the clerk of each council.
West Devon has forty-six town and parish councils. Each of them employs a clerk to:
- Carry out policy decisions made by the Council.
- Be the chief administration officer who is responsible for seeing that the business of the Council runs smoothly and in accordance with the laws and procedure rules.
- Be responsible for managing the financial transactions of the Council and keeping appropriate records.
- Carry out all clerical and secretarial tasks for their Council.
The forty-six town and parish councils are broken down into
- thirty-six parish councils,
- five grouped parishes (Burrator, Exbourne & Jacobstowe, Lewdown, Milton Abbot and Plasterdown),
- one parish meeting (Kelly), and
- four town councils (Hatherleigh, North Tawton, Okehampton and Tavistock).
To find the contact details for your Parish Clerk, please use the button below. You can search by name or email address if known, or select your parish from the drop-down list.
If you're not sure which Parish you live in, please use the Interactive Map.
Use the menu on the top left and select "map features." Tick the menu box marked "Parish with Contact Details," then zoom to your location to see the name of your Parish.