Booking Events on Council Land

Most car parks, parks and gardens are available to be used for community events. If you want to book Council land for an event, find out how here.

How do I book an event?

Please read this guidance page, and then use the button at the top of the page to send us the details of your event.

It is important that if you are planning an event on Council land that you consider carefully how you will put on a safe and enjoyable event.

To assist in this, we have produced a policy guide which you can download below:

What information do you need?

While filling in the form above, you will need to submit the following documentation:

  • Proof of Public Liability insurance for a minimum of £5,000,000
  • A Risk Assessment.
  • A Waste Management Plan.
  • A Site Plan.

We require a minimum of 28 days' notice in advance of any proposed event. If an application is submitted with less than 28 days' notice, it will automatically be refused.

How much will it cost?

There is an administration fee of £66. You will be asked to pay this using a debit card at the end of the form. 

Occasionally, where it is deemed that the Council land is being used for a commercial purpose, a formal Licence to occupy may be more suitable and an appropriate Licence fee may be payable.